Back to Top
- The Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals, Central Purchase Organisation of the Government of India working under the aegis of the Department of Commerce (Supply Division), is responsible for -
- Concluding Rate Contracts for common user Goods and Services required by various Government Departments.
- Purchase and/or inspection of stores for Central Government Departments other than the items of purchase and inspection delegated to these authorities.
- Purchase and/or inspection of stores for State Governments, PSUs, autonomous bodies, etc. who desire to avail of the services of DGS&D.
- To facilitate procurement to standardized specifications.
- Registration of Suppliers and approved Indian & Foreign Manufacturers and their agents for use by purchase agencies in Government.
- Enlistment of Indian Agents under the Scheme of Ministry of Finance for Compulsory Scheme of Registration of Indian Agents of Foreign Principals.
- To conduct training in Supply & Quality Management and render consultancy services to Government Departments, Autonomous Bodies and Public Sector Undertakings.
- To provide consultancy services to desirous organisations in individual or group of stages in procurement activities.
- To arrange supplies of specified items needed for disaster mitigation in case of natural calamities.
- To act as nodal organization for hosting upcoming Government e-Market (GeM) for facilitating on-line purchases of common user goods and services by government buyers.
Commitments OF DGS&D :